ME , The New Fragrance from Lanvin

The elegance of finally being…myself


“Stop, enough, let me vibrate, catch fire, love, captivate, become the woman I really am – a slipstream of energy that not many can follow, but one who also dreams of tranquil pleasures. Open Sesame and show me the way to being reborn to others, to think newly of myself, to affirm my difference, to admit that I love everything very much and even more… But where is the magic formula hidden? In the Lanvin Blue box in front of my eyes?

With a subtle gesture, surrender to sweet temptation.

Open and savor the anticipation of discovery, a delicate combination of desire to know, see, and feel. Hold it in my hands like an offering, this mystery-filled box in the colors of a Fra Angelico fresco, colors that bring to mind so many fashion shows, shopping trips, couture favorites.

Observe the fine gold tie embossed around the delicate box, an Ariadne’s thread linking surpriser and surprisee, intimately tying me to Alber through the magic of mystery. The bow pulls me close and beckons to be untied with my smile. Why wait when desire grows ardent?

Then see the name written with vivacity, two letters speaking to me, calling me; they are mine, I am theirs.

Wait no longer. Go into action with feverish delight and pull the bottle from its hedonistic gift wrap signed by Lanvin.

A form of glass, direct and powerful, feminine and filled with personality. A fashion message, a precious decanter, a jewel. A restrained and massive black cap contrasting with the lusciously thick bottle, made feminine, made fashion with the sparkle of a shining gemstone. The bottle works its intoxicating magic. I smile because Alber knows who I am and understands what I want.

Finally, uncap the promise of fragrance.
 
 

Is this who I am? Whimsical and bold, yet fragile? Has Alber dedicated this fragrance to me? The creator I love, the couturier whose baroque jewels, fertile imagination and talent combine to make me more desirable than ever?  The truth is that we are both this exceptional perfume. But I interpret it in another way, as Alber’s most personalized creation – a present, a gift, an ode that he has designed for me alone. With his passion, his discretion, his flights of imagination, his appreciation of all things delicious.

Conveying the secret wish to tie our souls and senses together with a drop of essence, with the caress of fragrance.
 
But in the end, who am I – this eau de parfum so patiently invented by Lanvin and Alber Elbaz for me? A sensual, independent, carnal, desirable, wild and assertive woman. Determined and loving with a touch of self-centeredness, too…

Alber was surely thinking of me when he stated that he doesn’t design gowns “for the men who fall in love with the women who wear them, but for women to fall in love with themselves!”

Well now I can confess it to him: in addition to being in love with his world and his creations, I have become his new perfume. Because of him, I will be able to dedicate each second, each minute, each hour, each day, my entire life to his cult. After all, isn’t his first fragrance for Lanvin symbolically meant for ME?”



Lanvin ME is styled as “a new sheer gourmand”.

“My inspiration comes from my addiction to liquorice wood and to an iconic ultrafeminine flower in perfumery: the tuberose. For Lanvin ME, I wanted to design a fragrance that unveils a bright and an addictive sensuality with the chic signature. I also wanted to add a dash of the blue of Lanvin with sparkling blueberry.” – Domitille Bertier

No comments:

Post a Comment